TrainingBack to previous page
Geraldine’s 25 years of tried and tested hands on clinical expertise means she has a wealth of experience. Making her training and supervision programmes a valuable resource and good value for money.
Training courses cover topics such as:
- Can speech therapy really bring lasting and significant change to the client’s communication and language skills?
- Why are literacy skills so critical when working with speech and language impairments?
- Successful speech therapy intervention for Children with Down Syndrome
- Successful speech Therapy Techniques for Children on the Autistic Spectrum
- How do I provide speech therapy for people with dysphasia?
- Working with children and adults with Specific Language Impairment
- What can I do to promote disability awareness for people with language and communication impairments?
- How can I motivate my highly resistant client/child?
- Training and support for Learning Support Assistants and Teachers that makes a difference.
- How can I promote speech and language at home or in the classroom?
- Speech and language therapy is not just for talking, but also for developing thinking and learning
- Teaching your child to fail...why is this so important?
- Why must I assess the efficacy of my therapy?
- Why is the therapeutic relationship so important to therapy outcomes?
- Why does speech and language therapy make such a difference to children and adults with challenging behaviour?
- Does speech and language therapy work?
- What is the relationship between speech therapy and psychotherapy?
- How can we use IT to promote speech and language therapy?
Training sessions will be clinically and practically focussed and thought provoking drawing on Geraldine’s vast clinical experience. She will also present strategies and principles drawn from a variety of disciplines; including speech language therapy, cognitive behavioural psychology, psychotherapy, education and personal development; that underpin her work and inform her approach.
The courses can be tailored to suit the training needs of the organisations and individuals.
If you are interested Geraldine providing training you can speak to her directly to discuss content and cost.For more information please feel free to contact Geraldine
What People Have Said About Geraldine Wotton ...
"Her advice and therapy is immensurable and I would recommend Geraldine to anyone whose child is struggling with speech and language. She supported me as a mother with a child with Autism and helped me to feel positive about the future for our son. She has helped him accomplish things I never thought possible."
Mother of child with autism
"Her years of experience mean she knows how to get the best from my at times very challenging daughter using praise, patience and humour. My daughter has been seeing Geraldine for 7 years and in that time made such progress with her that the difference is noticeable to children of a similar age. This progress is as a result of Geraldine’s skills."
Mother of Daughter with Down Syndrome
"Geraldine has worked with a variety students at North Hertfordshire College to ensure they receive the continued speech and language skills they require to access the curriculum, communicate with their peers and gain further independence skills in communication. The students related well to Geraldine and staff were able to use the strategies suggested throughout the week and feedback on their progress. Geraldine completed all reports and assessments in a timely and professional way and the students benefited from the feedback given. Parents/carers were able to use some of the strategies suggested in the home and reported that obvious improvements were being made by their son/daughter."
Course Co Ordinator for Adults with Learning Needs at North Herts College
"It was an absolute pleasure to see how Geraldine engages with her patients. The holistic and intuitive approach she adopts reflects the vast amount of experience Geraldine has in working with children and adults with a range of communication disabilities. I was inspired by the sheer joy and devotion she demonstrated in her work and it is no wonder her clients are so committed to her."